Design & Technology
Design & Technology is a practical yet rigorous and inspiring subject. Using imagination and creativity, pupils will be given the skills to design and make items that solve real and relevant problems considering the needs, wants and values of themselves and others. We want to enable children to aspire to achieve more through opportunities created for them in the wider world. Children should be inspired by designers, chefs, architects and engineers to enable them to create a range of mechanisms, structures, food products and electrical systems with a real life purpose.
Significant levels of originality and the willingness to take creative risks to produce innovative ideas and prototypes.
• An excellent attitude to learning and independent working.
• The ability to use time efficiently and work constructively and productively with others.
• The ability to carry out thorough research, show initiative and ask questions to develop an exceptionally detailed knowledge of users’ needs.
• The ability to act as responsible designers and makers, working ethically, using finite materials carefully and working safely.
• A thorough knowledge of which tools, equipment and materials to use to make their products.
• The ability to apply mathematical knowledge.
• The ability to manage risks exceptionally well to manufacture products safely and hygienically.
• A passion for the subject and knowledge of, up-to-date technological innovations in materials, products and systems.
Electricals and electronics
Materials and Construction
Computing and construction
Electricals / Electronics and mechanics